Unless otherwise expressly stated, capitalized terms in this Cookie Notice have the same meaning as defined in the Privacy Notice available here:
Click on the links below to jump to each section:
- SCOPE OF NOTICE
- COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
- WHAT WE COLLECT WHEN USING COOKIES
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH COOKIES
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COOKIES
- THIRD-PARTY DATA COLLECTION & INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT ONLINE ADS
- UPDATES TO THIS COOKIE NOTICE
- CONTACT US
1. Scope of Notice
2. Cookies and Related Technologies
3. What We Collect When Using Cookies
Third-party partners and providers may also collect personal data about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our websites and online Services.
4. How We Use Information Collected Through Cookies
5. Your Choices About Cookies
6. Third-Party Data Collection & Interest-Based Advertising
- Facebook. To learn more about your advertising preferences on Facebook Companies, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/help/109378269482053.
- Twitter. To learn more about privacy controls for personalized ads on Twitter, please visit: https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
- Third-Party Partners. The following is a sample of the third-party service partners we work with to provide advertising services. We will strive to update this list if or when we work with new partners which offer you choices about the collection of your information, but as partners change and new technologies become available, this list is likely to change over time and may not always reflect our current partners.
- Google Analytics and Advertising. We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our websites or Services on your browser or mobile device, log in to your account on the Services, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with the Services and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google’s site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
7. Your Choices About Online Ads
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Utah, and Virginia Residents: Unless you have exercised your Right to Opt Out (as described in the “Your Privacy Choices” section of our Additional U.S. Privacy Disclosures), we may “sell” or “share” your personal data to third parties for targeted or cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. The third parties to whom we sell or share personal data may use such information for their own purposes in accordance with their own privacy statements, which may include reselling or sharing this information to additional third parties.
8. Updates to This Cookie Notice
9. Contact Us
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
North America Privacy Officer
Michelin North America, Inc.
One Parkway South
Greenville, SC 29615